DRUG AND ALCOHOL POLICY
Preston Hire is committed to achieving a healthy and safe working environment for our employees.
As such, we recognise that alcohol, drug and other substance abuse by employees can have serious adverse effects on their own health and safety of others.As such, all employees must not:
- consume alcohol or be under the influence of alcohol while working
- use or possess illegal drugs at any time in any workplace; or
- drive a vehicle having consumed alcohol or suffering from the effects of illegal substances at any time
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
We will adopt procedures to –
- Enforce a zero alcohol tolerance for staff when operating work vehicles or participating in any work related task
- Discourage and prevent the consumption of alcohol during work time, including lunch breaks and events, business meetings and where representing the company
- Provide relevant information materials e.g. posters, brochures and online material
- Conduct information sessions and training on all Drug and Alcohol procedures and policies
We recognise that the overall responsibility of Drug and Alcohol Management onsite rests with management, who will be accountable for the implementation of this policy. These responsibilities include –
- Managing the implementation and review of this policy
- Making sure all workers are made aware of this policy
- Disciplining any employee/contractor, which may include summary dismissal or contract termination, whom breaches this policy or any statutory requirements
- Complying with the requirements of a client or principal contractor’s alcohol and drug policy and/or fitness for work program
WORKERS ARE REQUIRED TO:
- Understand and comply with this policy at all times while in the workplace or representing Preston Hire
- Inform management if they believe the policy has not been upheld
- Report to their Operations Coordinator if they are undergoing prescribed medical treatment with a controlled substance that may affect the safe performance of their duties
Responsibility for implementation of this policy lies with the Preston Hire Management and Safety Team. Our company is committed to ensuring that all employees are aware of the dangers of drug and alcohol abuse and the potential dangers they impose in the workplace.
IMPLEMENTATION AND REVIEW
Our aim is to provide ongoing implementation and to review this document every 2 years or as required.